Electrical Apprenticeship Program (4 years), which is approved by the U.S. Department of labor / Office of Apprenticeship & Training, the Veterans Affairs, the American Counsel on Education for college credits and the Workforce Investment Network.
Employment Application Service, a members only section of the website where out-of-work electrician applications are kept for IEC Contractor Members to review candidates for potential employment.
Shared Workforce Program, that allows a contractor member that has a shortage of work or may be between projects to temporarily loan those employee’s to other IEC contractor members participating in this program.
Workforce Development & Training, continuing education for electrical license renewal, NEC code study, OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour safety, Red Cross first aid & CPR, electrical exam preparation and supervisor classes.
Public Relations and Governmental Advocacy, IEC representatives are active on the TDLR Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board, the City of Austin Electrical Board, all NEC Code Panels and the National Apprenticeship Curriculum Committee.
- The Political Action Committee (PAC) and Political Educational Fund (PEF) provide advocacy support in Washington on behalf of IEC members.
- Industry Career Awareness Program – working with organizations (SkillsUSA/VICA) to raise student awareness of career opportunities in the electrical contracting industry.
- Award programs that recognize excellence and achievements of IEC members at the national level.
Additional Contractor Benefits
NATIONAL AND LOCAL MEMBERS-ONLY AFFINITY PROGRAMS
National IEC Discount Programs, save money and enjoy exclusive members’ only offers. Below is a comprehensive list of business services, including shipping, debt collection and telecommunications services, of which your company can take advantage of, today!
LegalShield, contact Doug Hall, Independent Associate, for information on the 101 Reasons to use LegalShield. Follow the link to the Member Perks website to access exclusive deals for being a member of LegalShield. Visit the Centex IEC Member Enrollment website to register.
Federated Insurance, contact Michael Cox, Representative, Business Phone (800) 633-6040, Cell Phone (507) 390-0152, for more information on how they can help to protect your business.
Valero Fleet Services is proud to offer a discount fuel purchasing program to the members of the Centex IEC. Contact Michelle Squilla (210) 345-3712 for more information and enrollment. To review the details, click on the Valero Fleet Credit Card Program.
IEC Members now get aggressive discounts on the Office Depot items that companies most commonly purchase. Follow this link to the Centex IEC Portal to create your account.
Email Sara Haltom or call her at 855.337.6811 Ext: 12730 for assistance.
Networking & Business Development
- Quarterly Membership Meetings where all IEC members are invited to attend. At these meetings, Guest Speakers are normally present to teach the IEC members what is the most current trend in business, code, and employment law.
- Find an Electrical Contractor search engine on the IEC website helps promote and market your company on the National IEC’s website (www.ieci.org).
- Forums enable groups of non-competing contractors to share “best practices” in a confidential atmosphere.
- Task forces and committees allow you to work with other members on issues facing the industry and IEC.
- Free use of the IEC’s classrooms to conduct your meetings with your employees on items such as safety policies, employee benefits or even new products that are company specific.
- Free use of the IEC’s Executive Boardroom where you can conduct meetings such as; a joint venture project, managers meetings, or meet with your customers in a professional environment.
Codes & Safety Information & Representation
- FREE Safety Manual for all new members (a $150 value).
- IEC represents the industry in development of the National Electrical Code (NEC); National Electrical Safety Code; NEMA, UL, and various regional and national building code conferences.
- IEC represents the industry to OSHA, MSHA and other federal agencies regulating workplace safety.
- IEC answer code and related electrical questions and general business questions from members.
- Over 75 free Toolbox Talks available in the member’s section of the website to help you promote safety within your company.
- Centex IEC provides its members with a “Monthly IEC Update” which keeps IEC members on top of current economic trends, union activities, new legislation and code interpretations that effect the way members do business within the Central Texas area. Also, IEC training and networking opportunities.
- IEC Insights Magazine (published 8 times per year) addresses emerging market trends, federal government activities, contractor success stories, new product information, buyers guides, and more
- Online Member Directory and “IEC Marketplace” which enable members and users to locate IEC contractors, manufacturers and suppliers
- Electrical Matters and IEC Extension: electronic newsletters that keep you current on industry issues
- Members-only access to the IEC National Website (www.ieci.org) provides valuable safety resource information and a variety of powerful tools to enhance your productivity and profitability.